Sunday, October 4, 2009

What is Kaitlyn up to?

I just realized that it has been almost a month since my last post! I'm sorry I've been a slacker. Kaitlyn is almost 20 months! She is really becoming quite a little person, and has such a helper personality. Whenever I wipe her hands and mouth after a meal or snack, she takes the wipe out of my hand and says "trash, trash" and I'll get her out of her high chair and she puts the wipe in the trash. Kaitlyn will say a few phrases including "Bless you," "Thank you," "I sorry," "Bu-bye," and "Love you." She can count to 5, put her shoes on by herself (sometimes they are on the correct feet too!), do a forward roll and log roll, zip anything that has a zipper, and will occasionally tell you that she went potty (in her diaper). Kaitlyn is also understanding the things we tell/ask her, and most of the time she will respond with "ok" or "no."


She LOVES Mickey and Elmo, and she recognizes characters and people in pictures. She points out Cookie Monster and Elmo, Mickey and Minnie, Grandma and Grandpa (she says Mamaw and Papaw), Mommy and Daddy, Chauncey and Bailey, and any animal she sees (like a bird, horse, puppy, kitty, and more). Kaitlyn talks a lot (some of it is her own toddler babble mixed with real words), and will mimic a lot of what we do (with her own toys). Sometimes I'll let her play with my makeup brushes, and she will brush them on her face and say "pretty."


I think Kaitlyn will be right-handed just by watching her color. She LOVES to color. While she is coloring you hear her say "color, color, color" along with her own babble. Kaitlyn does have a new tooth coming in, which explains the strange fever she had last week. I can feel it just about to poke through (it's the top left eye tooth, aka fang tooth). Pretty soon she will have all her front teeth in!

Kaitlyn is such a blessing! I love getting hugs from her, it's like hugging a fresh batch of homemade cookies! Makes you go, "MMMMM" with a smile inside.


She loves mama's shoes!


Hyper after church


taking a test