Sunday, November 22, 2009

End of November already????

Where has the time gone?!?!?! We've had a busy month... Mike's semester is winding down, I've been training a lot of servers at work (bulk up for the holidays), and Kaitlyn is learning new words and actions every day.

Unfortunately, Kaitlyn has learned how to take off her diaper and make a mess in her crib. So we've got training pants and have really been talking to her about the potty. I think she thinks that her potty is a toy. Potty training is a work in progress... part of me thinks she's ready, but another part of me thinks she's not.

Kaitlyn really watches us, and it's funny the things she picks up. She says "pray" before we eat, and she will put her hands together and bow her head. It's really sweet. She likes to take my make up brushes and brush them all over her face, she loves to color and can draw circles and faces pretty well. She knows names of some people that she sees often, and she recognizes Grandma's voice (I usually have her on speaker when I talk to her). Kaitlyn also knows quite a few Disney character names including Mickey Mouse, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Ariel. Here's a picture of Kaitlyn with her Mickey and Minnie she got from Grandma Van. The hat and book also came from her too :) Thanks Grandma!



Kaitlyn likes to take off her socks and put on Daddy's

I tried on Kaitlyn's winter gear that I got last year (80% off) to see if it fits, and it does! Kaitlyn kept wanting to buckle the snow pants, and zip the coat the rest of the night. I cannot wait to take her sledding this year when we go to Michigan...
Kaitlyn looked like Santa in this mornings bath. Daddy put bubbles on his face, and Kaitlyn thought it looked funny, so she would put the bubbles on her face and would laugh hysterically (I guess she thought she looked funny like Daddy).

When Kaitlyn cannot get the door open, she knocks to see if someone will open it for her. Daddy had just left for work, and I think she must have forgotten he was gone. She was looking for him.




1 comment:

Kristin said...

Wow!! Kim she hasn't gotten so big!! I cannot believe it. I mean I can because mine grows just as fast. :) I love how she is rockin that cute little side ponytail. LOL.