Friday, March 26, 2010

Zoo with friends

Today our play date took us to the OKC Zoo. I was really excited to take Kaitlyn because she knows a lot of the animals and their sounds, and there was a new Children's Zoo that just opened too. We met all our friends at the entrance, then strolled to the Children's Zoo to see what it was all about. Right at the entrance there was colorful birds, and a pond with HUGE fish. There was also a petting barnyard that had sheep, pigs, rabbits, goats, and even donkeys! The goats were out for all the kids to pet. Kaitlyn kept saying how the animals were "messy". It was cute.
It was just a neat little area. The benches were cut logs to fit the theme.
Kaitlyn and Kate

Kaitlyn and Cater, both very excited to see the monkeys
A big slide, for those who didn't want to take the stairs

Kaitlyn got to see Giraffes, Zebras, Rhinos, Lions, Cougars, and so many more animals!
Friends: Macey, Carter, and Lily

On our way home, Kaitlyn reminded me that she got to pet the goats, and the friends that were there. She had a lot of fun. I think we will probably make more frequent trips now that the weather is getting warmer (finally).

And to complete a great day, I got some awesome deals! :-D I needed to get Kaitlyn more milk, so I checked the store's weekly deals, made a small list, and got my coupons ready. Kaitlyn was really funny... we always need to get the cart with the car attached to the front. So she gets into the front and starts to steer us in. Once I stopped the cart to find the item to match my coupon, Kaitlyn would get out of the car, want to put the item in the cart, and then hop back into the car so we could keep moving. She did it for EVERY item. It was really cute.

When we pay Kaitlyn has to help put the items on the belt, being mommy's little helper. But this grocery store, you just push your cart right up to the cashier and they empty the cart as they ring in the items. The only way I could get Kaitlyn to wait for our bags was by letting her give the cashier a few items. Kaitlyn also handed some of our coupons to the cashier as well as the cash I pulled out. The cashier seemed pretty impressed, and asked me how old she was. She seemed a little surprised when I told her Kaitlyn just turned 2. It's the not the first time she's blown people away with how awesome she is :)

Now this is awesome... all this for $20

2 gallons of milk, 2 V8 Fusion juice, 2 lunchables, 2 Degree deodorants, Pantene shampoo and conditioner, 3 Land o Lakes butter, bananas, and 10 pack of Gatorade.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

how fun!