Thursday, July 14, 2011

He's ONE already??

The past year has been quite a ride! Life is a little more hectic with two little ones, but I wouldn't want it any other way. Jacob is such a precious, silly and sweet little boy!

I had no idea what I was in store for when the ultrasound technician said, "It's a boy!" I thought it will be fun to decorate in blue and have balls and cars all around the house. In reality, there is something really special about a relationship between mother and son.

Jacob is a big time Mama's boy! I'll be holding him, then hand him to Daddy and he will cry until I take him back. I'll leave the room just for a minute, and he thinks I'm gone forever! He will also hold on to me or my shirt if I try to put him down when he's a little unsure of a new situation. I am his security blanket I guess, haha.

This little tyke is ALL boy- complete with the loud grunts and messes, LOVES cars, balls, trucks, and things that light up. Jacob is also quite goofy. He will make silly sounds, or bop himself on the head and giggle. He likes to play hide and seek, and thinks it's really funny when I chase him.

He can say "Mama" (his favorite word and person) and "Dada". I hear him baby gab ALL the time. It's like he's really trying to talk with us, we just don't understand him. He was "talking" with the doctor while we were at his one-year well check up.


Doctor said that he looks great, and is doing great developmentally. He is WALKING all the time, claps his hands, high fives, and waves hello and goodbye. He got 4 shots, which he did not like... one in each limb. Once we got home, he was back to his normal self. No fever, no extra long nap, not fussy, nothin'. The only way you could tell he went to the doctor was the band-aids on his arms and legs.

Here's his stats:
weight:  19 pounds 14 ounces (10%)
height:  29.5 inches (50% this is a BIG jump! 3 months ago we were 10%)

Jacob has been a lot of places in just one year! He's gone to Michigan a few times (October, December, and May), and Disney World! Where will you take us this year??? 
Disney World in March :)

Michigan in May, Fire up Chips!!
The best part about being a Mom of two... watching the relationship between siblings form. Kaitlyn has looked out for her baby brother since day one! I remember when he was a few weeks old, she was upset because other kids wanted to look at him close. She loves her brother, and really enjoys playing with him.




I am so excited to see what the next year will bring :) Jacob, we love you more than words can express! Thank you, Lord, for such a wonderful blessing!

Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him. Psalms 127:3

2 comments:

Kristen said...

He's growing so fast! What a little cutie!! =D

Anonymous said...

What a precious blog, Kim! Thanks for all the darling pics, videos, and your comments. How we thank the Lord for Kaitlyn and Jacob & can't wait to see you all soon! Love, Sheryl