Friday, June 27, 2008

Solid Food!

Today Kaitlyn started solid food. We start with one teaspoon of rice cereal and mixed it with 4 teaspoons of breastmilk. Once you finish that little bowl, you are to finish off with breastmilk (or formula). All the books (and pediatrician) say to make it really thin and runny at first so it will be similar to their breastmilk/formula. She did GREAT! The first taste she wasn't really sure what to think, but then after a few spoons she was starting to get the hang of it. She kept trying to suck on the spoon! It was kind of funny, and very messy! When we were almost done, I got a short video of her eating.




All day today, my mom and I were decorating doll cakes for a bridal shower she is co-hosting tomorrow. We started decorating around 1pm, had to stop around 6 (stopped for dinner), then finished the last doll around 8:30! They turned out good :) Here's the final product!

all FIVE cakes that we decorated

one of the bridesmaids


here comes the bride!

3 comments:

Tim and Amy said...

Wow, those cakes are amazing! I can't believe you and your mom made those and decorated them. They're actually edible? They look too good to eat...how fun!!

Congratulations Kaitlyn on starting solid food today! It sure looks like you're enjoying your yummy rice. :) Your little cousin, Hannah, is only a couple months behind you, so you have to show her how it's done! :) We all look forward to meeting you SOON!!!

The Paulk's said...

Welcome to the world of solid food :)! How fun...we'll be there too before you know it.

I LOVE the cakes, I think I saw those on Marth Stewart...they turned out great. Sounds like the take a long time, have you done cake decorating classes?

Wed'd love to see you guys! I'll let you know if we're going to be in the area, as of right now we're not planning on it but you never know. If you wanted to come up here we'd love to have ya. Just let me know when and where and we'll be there :) (if we can :))!

Oh yeah, one more question...did you guys ever receive any books yet from that letter that you sent me? Just wondering if it worked. I sent one to Hannah (Kaitlyn's cousin, I think) so hopefully they got it :)!

The Paulk's said...

Oh I didn't get your message until today!! DARN! I'll call you something this afternoon...