Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Time to Celebrate!!!

Mike defended his dissertation today, and "passed"!! So the hard part is finally over! He will officially graduate this August. YAY! Mike feels so relieved and so happy to be done. He mentioned today that he's been in school longer than I've been alive (26 years, including pre-school), 12 of those years were in college! We had a little party for him to celebrate this HUGE accomplishment and combined the celebration with his 30th birthday (which was Sunday, June 1)! We are so proud of him, and all the hard work he has done!! Here is a few pictures, and a cute video I got of Kaitlyn this morning.

this is the cake I made

Daddy's blowing out all 30 candels!

Kaitlyn is dressed in theme

Daddy's birthday present, NKJV Leather Study Bible

Kaitlyn is 16 weeks

3 comments:

Tim and Amy said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Mike! That's so great you passed! You must feel ecstatic. What a celebration time for passing your dissortation presentation and also having your 30th birthday! Happy Birthday!!! What a great cake you made, Kim... nice job! Kaitlyn looks like she's having fun, too. :) What a happy night for your family! We are very happy for you, too, and rejoice with you that God answered our prayers today. We were praying for you, Mike!

Tim and Amy said...

By the way, Tim loves Kaitlyn's Michigan outfit. He was actually just looking online recently for a MI cheerleading outfit for Hannah, but only found one in the 3T size. He'd love to know where you got that one! You can tell that Mike and Tim are brothers...their minds run in the same direction when it comes to picking out clothes for their daughters! :)

The Paulk's said...

Yeah!! Congrats Mike! What an accomplishment, I'm sure that's a HUGE load off of his back to have that done. (I know when Ty's done with his Master's it will be too) Happy Birthday as well. Wow 30, I can't even imagine being that old yet :)! Just kidding. Love the pictures, Kim! I still think Kaitlyn looks like Mike :). Talk to you soon.