Sunday, July 27, 2008

Bedtime at 9

When Kaitlyn and I returned from Michigan, I wanted to get Kaitlyn in a bedtime routine so she would be down for the night at 9pm. I could not have picked a better time to do it, because she was still on eastern time when we returned (which worked in my favor). It's been almost 2 weeks that we have been back, and she has gone to bed at 9pm almost every night (without hardly any fussing)! I am super blessed! What a good baby!!!

There are a few other things that have happened recently for Kaitlyn that I also want to share:

-First word today! She said "Mama" (and I have the church nursery staff as witnesses)!!!!
-Learning to drink from a sippy cup (doing pretty well)
-Eating solid food twice a day, and she really enjoys it! We've tried peas, carrots, and sweet potatoes. mmmmm! Trying the veggies first, then when she gets fruit it will seem like dessert!
- Sitting up like a pro! (crawling is just around the corner!)

Kaitlyn with her sippy cup

2 comments:

The Paulk's said...

WHOO WHO for a bedtime and for her first word being "momma"(sorry Mike :)), that was Riley's too. How exciting, I was so excited when Riley had a good schedule and bedtime because then Ty and I could spend a little more time together, alone :)!

jamie j said...

kim..i just cant get over how beautiful she is!! i am glad you guys are doing so great and i KNOW that you are an absolutely great mommy! miss you!!!
ps. aaron and i added a new member to our household recently. Shes a little kitty, its like training wheels for the future...haha