Wednesday, August 13, 2008

moved in!

It's been a while since i've posted anything. For those who may not know, Mike, Kaitlyn and I just moved to Edmond, Oklahoma for Mike's job at University of Central Oklahoma. We have everything but our room unpacked and in it's place. We also took Mike's books to his office on campus tonight. It was really cool to see "Dr. Michael Fulkerson" on the door! Mike will start teaching on Monday.

The dogs are adjusting well. They enjoy going outside, and best of all, not seeing boxes and suitcases everywhere. You can tell they are relaxed, unlike the last few weeks in College Station. They were pretty nervous not knowing what was happening with the packing.

We are really enjoying our new place. There is so much more room, and it feels like home! We cannot hear the people next door (since we are in a duplex) nor do we hear the cars on the road. It's just wonderful! I have enjoyed doing laundry too! No more saving quarters! Yay!

Once our room is unpacked, I'll post a video tour to show you our new place! I'll get some pictures up soon too!

3 comments:

The Paulk's said...

I'm so glad you updated, I've been waiting for it ;)! I was wondering how everything was going. How the move went, how your adjusting, etc. If you get a chance sometime shoot me an email and fill me in :)! Hope all is well. Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Moved in already. You're such a hard worker. *sigh* I'm going to miss you. :( I can't wait to see the video of the new place. Anyway, it sounds like everything went pretty smoothly. I'm happy for you. Talk to you later.

jamie j said...

omg. aaron and i just moved too and got our first place with a washer and dryer...so i TOTALLY know what you mean about being happy because you don't have save quarters anymore. I hope that your new place is much better than ours (since ours is a little crappy...) hope all is going great!!!