Sunday, October 12, 2008

Birthday weekend

Thursday my parents flew in from California to spend the weekend with us. They haven't seen Kaitlyn in person since she was a month old! We were so excited to have them stay with us! Finally we are able to have guests stay with us in our home! On Friday (my 25th birthday!), Debi and I started our morning with Jazzercise. Debi really liked it! Then, we went to the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial and a dinner out to the Red Rock Canyon Grill to celebrate my quarter of a century birthday.




The chairs are placed where the building used to be

and they represent each person who died.

Kaitlyn at the memorial Kaitlyn was grabbing the camera
Dinner
talking to Grandpa Daddy makes her laugh
"My Mom Rocks!" What a good shirt for mom's birthday! there's her smile!
On Saturday we showed them the University and Mike's office, and toured Edmond.

Daddy and Kaitlyn. Cute Jeans, Baby Girl!



BIG SMILES!


I am so excited for Kaitlyn to experience the holiday season! Halloween is just around the corner, and we have to pick out a pumpkin to carve. So Grandma Debi, Kaitlyn and I went to the pumpkin patch. There was a hay ride, farm animals that you could feet and pet (we didn't feed/pet them), and we got to take home a little pumpkin. The little pumpkins look like BIG pumpkins to Kaitlyn. Here's a few pictures and video from our little adventure.


At the pumpkin patch!



Grandma Debi with Kaitlyn
GOATS!
Kaitlyn was so interested in everything, she sat propped up the whole time!
Are you picking out a pumpkin?


hay ride :) Kaitlyn was very good for the ride!

There we are with our free pumpkin. It was really windy!




Video of Kaitlyn looking at the pumpkin.

We picked out 5 BIG pumpkins on the way home from the pumpkin patch at Wal-Mart ($4 per pumpkin, BIG pumpkins at the patch were $30 bucks!). We wanted to carve them and bake the seeds.

Grandpa carving
that looks really difficult to carve! a spider web and spider!
Mommy and Daddy's pumpkins
Grandma with her pumpkin

There's all the pumpkins! The spider web is probably the coolest one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love all the picture of Kaitlyn especially the one in her jeans. So cute!
My family has never really been big on holiday traditions if you can believe that with my insane love for the holiday season. Anyway, so I am trying to think of things to make a tradition in our house. Carving pumpkins to be one of them. I've never carved one, but I think it looks neat.