My little diva in heels with her letters

Grandma and Grandpa Landis arrived Thursday for the birthday celebration, and helped to get things prepared for Kaitlyn's party. I planned a "Heart" theme party. It was easy to find decorations and heart things this time of year. We cut cheese into hearts for crackers, made the kids peanut butter and jelly sandwiches cut into hearts, and made red punch. I didn't think the adults would want PB&J, so we made sloppy joe's for the adults.

Kaitlyn's morning started out with a few presents from her Grandparents. A new picnic table arrived in time to use during her party (from all). She got a darling "Birthday cake" puzzle from Gram and Gramp Van, and a few new outfits from Gram and Gramp Landis. Kaitlyn played with her new puzzle all day.
Opening giftsThe kids enjoyed cupcakes and playing outside. Moms got a chance to socialize (hooray adult interaction) and Mike entertained the dads at the party with a little Wii bowling. When it was time for everyone to go, it was the dads that didn't want to leave. Each family left with a goodie bag with a Valentine and some candy. We had a successful party, even if it only lasted two hours. Here's more pictures from the party:
Kaitlyn started out shy

Grandma and Kaitlyn
Having lunch with friends
Shoving cupcake in her mouth :) MMMM
Playing outside
Now that everyone is gone, I can play with my cake!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAITLYN!
She sure got a good first bite!
Thank you to everyone that came and celebrated Kaitlyn's big day! :) And thank you to Grandma and Grandpa for helping to set up (and clean up) the party. We had so much fun!!
**Pregnancy update to come on Monday** :)




3 comments:
Happy birthday! you are a beautiful little girl! Mom and dad, get ready for terrible 2's!
Happy (belated) Birthday Kaitlyn! How sweet of your family to come visit for the celebration!
I flippin' love her bedhead. :) I can't believe she is two already. I like her face while everyone is singing. LOL. Priceless.
Post a Comment