I had another doctor appointment today. My doctor is out of town this week, so I saw another doctor in their practice. Baby's heart rate is a strong 147, and I have gained 29 pounds this pregnancy. The nurse told me that it's routine for the doctor to check me at 36 weeks to see if I am dilated. After she walked out I thought... "won't she be surprised!"
The doctor told me my test results from my Group B Strep which turned out negative. I was a little surprised because I was positive with Kaitlyn. I was told by my doctor two weeks ago that it varies by pregnancy, and I guess she's right. All that means is that I won't need an antibiotic during labor. I am still planning a drug free delivery, and we will see if that ends up happening.
When this doctor checked me she was surprised to see how low baby is positioned, just from belly measurements. This doctor, seeing me one time, said to me "You won't make it to July," and told me there are 13 other doctors in the practice that will be on call this week for my doctor. Hopefully I won't need them.
I am now 4cm dilated, 90% effaced, and baby is at 0 station. This little guy needs to make it to 37 weeks, Monday, to be considered a full term baby. So we will be praying he stays in there 7 more days! So... I will be on "couch rest" for the rest of the week. It's going to be a challenge for me because I am such a busy body; I have to be doing something. Looks like I will have plenty of time to finish my book. :)
1 comment:
I'm so excited for you and your little man! I bet you can't wait to meet him! I hope you are able to have a drug free labor, I was able to experience it with Kenadi and it was well worth it! Good luck, and keep us posted!
Post a Comment