I had my 35 week appointment this afternoon. Right before my appointment, I called Kaitlyn's pediatrician to see if he comes to the hospital we will be delivering at to check the baby, and he sure does! I let my doctor know the pediatrician to notify when our baby is born, and she was excited when she heard it was him. She said he's a very good doctor. I guess I asked the right mom for a pediatrician recommendation when we first moved here :)
Baby boy was quite active during the appointment today. His heart rate kept changing because he was moving around in there, it was between 140-150. My doctor checked me to see how I am progressing, and boy was she surprised. Baby is engaged (in labor position), I am 80% effaced (you need to be at 100% to deliver), and I am 1cm dilated.
My last day of work is now... yesterday. I have to take it easy til he arrives. I have been given many "don't-s" to keep from going into preterm labor. She said that you want baby to make it to 37 weeks, so we will do everything we can to keep him in there for at least two more weeks. If he were to come early, he may need oxygen (as his lungs wont be fully developed). The doctor will see me again next week to check my progression. We will be praying for him to not be so anxious to arrive, and to be full term.
2 comments:
Crazy! Stay in there little one!! You better start packing your bags just in case :)!!
It seems you have a little one that is in a hurry. I will be praying that he stays put for two more weeks. But I agree with Shelby, I would pack a bag. :)
Post a Comment