We only stayed one night at the hospital. Mike and I were ready to get back home, and get back in the swing of things. Plus... there isn't much to do at the hospital, and since I didn't have a c-section or epidural we didn't need to wait for anything to heal or ware off. When we had Kaitlyn I remember being a little scared to go home. The nurses don't come home with you, what if I don't know how to do something? This time around, both of us are more confident. :)
Grandma and Grandpa Van stayed here until Tuesday. Kaitlyn really enjoyed having someone to play and color with her all day long. Grandma made "home-made" play-dough, which Kaitlyn enjoys (and it's safe to eat, not that it tastes good). Grandma cooked meals for us every day, which was delicious and helpful. It was also nice of Grandma and Grandpa to take Kaitlyn with them when they would go to the store. Kaitlyn misses our little adventures to the store, so she really enjoyed going. It also gave us a chance to enjoy Jacob :)
Jacob is a really good baby! The only time he really cries is when he is hungry and when he's uncomfortable. I think he's better baby than Kaitlyn, and she was also very good too. At night, he let me sleep for 3 hours between feedings! Is this for real??? He pretty much eats, sleeps, and needs his diaper changed to be happy.
Sunday evening we thought we would try having Mike give him a bottle so I could sleep a little, not knowing if it would work. Jacob sucked it down like a champ! To be sure that wasn't a one time thing... he got a bottle today while I was spending time with Kaitlyn. It seems that he doesn't care how he gets milk, as long as he gets some.
Kaitlyn seems to be adjusting to "big sister life" pretty well. She checks on him when he's in his bassinet or the pack-n-play, and says "he's so cute" every time. When he cries, she gets his pacifier, or she'll say "he's hungry". I feel bad when I have to sit down and feed Jacob, because it happens all the time, and I can't really do much with Kaitlyn. She got a lot of new coloring books, so we have been doing that a lot. She also enjoys playing catch, which she is getting pretty good at.
Mike has been spending more time with Kaitlyn, since I am usually feeding Jacob. I know she enjoys her special time with Daddy. I have been working on a milk supply so Mike can feed Jacob if he wakes up and I am not around. That allows me to be able to do something with Kaitlyn. Today we went to the store, just Kaitlyn and me, and I know she really enjoyed that.
Here's a few pictures from this week :)
such a sweet picture of Daddy and Jacob
Kaitlyn with her new water table from Grandma and Grandpa Van
Mama one week after baby.
It's feels so good to be able to reach my toes again! :)
3 comments:
So glad the transition is going well for you! You look AMAZING!!
I agree, you look awesome! I think Jacob looks so much like Kaitlyn.
so glad you're all doing well, he's such a cutie!
Post a Comment