Yesterday, I took Kaitlyn to get her first hair cut! I didn't have the hairdresser do anything drastic, just a trim. I probably could have done that at home, but I know she would not sit still for me. The place we went to was called "Snip-its." They have everything set up for small kids that may have a hard time sitting still.
When we walked in, she got a plastic card that would get her a prize out of the "magic box". That was pretty exciting... get a prize for getting your hair cut. The hairdresser, Cheryl, called Kaitlyn to the very colorful chair. Kaitlyn sat in the chair without a fuss. Then she got to wear a fun penguin cape.
There was a small TV in front of the chair with a hair products cartoon playing to keep the kid's attention away from what is going on behind them. It was funny. Kaitlyn said that the singing can of hairspray looked like a crayon, and she was right... it really did. There's a calm kid, movie on, time to spray her hair with water and start snippin.
 |
| holding still :) such a big girl! |
We were there probably 10-15 minutes. Didn't take too long at all :) Once she was all done, she got a little bow, sucker, and of course a prize out of the "magic box". Mama got her locks in a little baggie for her baby book too :)
 |
| pick out a sucker :) |
It was nice to be able to walk in and get it done, no appointment needed.As she gets older, I will probably take her to my hairdresser, but I had to take her here for the experience of her first haircut.
1 comment:
She looks beautiful as always. I can't imagine Kylie ever having enough hair to need a haircut. :)
Post a Comment