Sunday, September 19, 2010

Disney on Ice

This weekend our state fair is hosting Disney on Ice! I told Mike that I wanted to take Kaitlyn for one on one time with her, and he thought that was a great idea. I got the tickets this morning, and 2 hours later, we were at the show! I was so excited for her to see the show because I know how much she loves Mickey Mouse and all his friends. Oh... who am I kidding... I was so excited to go to the show because I love Mickey Mouse!

The arena was probably as far from the car as we could get! I thought Kaitlyn would want to walk to see Mickey, but no... I carried her the entire time! I probably walked two miles carrying a toddler- haha. I was looking forward to being in air conditioning, carrying a child and a backpack was a little hot (in 90+ degree heat). We got a sandwich to take to our seats to have lunch while we waited for the show to start.

The lights dimmed, and the show started! Kaitlyn had a cheeze-it cracker in her hand when the show started, and 10 minutes later she finally ate it. She was in awe! All our favorite Disney characters skated out, and then finally there was Mickey! I got tears in my eyes seeing how much she loved the opening act! It was so wonderful having one on one time with Kaitlyn, enjoying something we both love! It really was a great show!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

This made ME tear up. I know what it means to share a moment with my own daughter. I have so many things mentally tagged that I can't wait to experience with Kylie. I am so happy that you and Kaitlyn got to do this together. Did you get any pictures?

Kimberly said...

my camera battery (of course) died!