The first year we moved here was also the first year we got a NBA Basketball team. They happen to be pretty good, and we've gotten a lot of media coverage in the area because of them. Have you ever heard of the Oklahoma City Thunder? Last year they made it to the finals... Around here, we're kind of obsessed!
Jacob is a HUGE fan. It's so cute to see how excited he gets over "Thunder" stuff. If he sees something blue, it's not just blue it's "Thunder blue", and orange and blue together... it's automatically a "Thunder-something" (for example, he has sippy cups that are all colors, but he will ask for the "thunder cup", and we know he wants the blue cup with an orange lid or visa versa).
The next part of this event... for the past few years (since we've had an NBA team) I have been doing Jazzercise, and each year we have been invited to be a part of the half-time show at the Thunder game! I thought, the kids are old enough... why not make it a family night?? We had so much fun, I think we will go to at least one game EVERY year!
 |
| ready to go! So excited! |
 |
| in line to get it |
 |
| my little fans :) We're all seated and ready for the game to start! |
 |
| from the very top row! |
 |
| good thing for the monitors, so we can see what's going on :) |
Right before the second quarter started I had to meet my Jazzercise group to get ready for the halftime show.
(when/if a video comes on youtube, I'll post it)
When I came back, Jacob was sleeping. Poor guy, he was SO excited ALL day! Asking after every stop, "Now we go to the Thunder?" Maybe next year he will make it the whole game...
 |
| Having a snack |
 |
| holding the sleepy boy |
 |
| Kaitlyn took this picture, pretty good :) |
 |
| Jacob woke up just in time to go home. We all had SO much fun!!! |
1 comment:
You did a halftime show?!? That's so cool!!!
Post a Comment