Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ready for brother

Kaitlyn has started to have an interest in holding Bailey like a baby. She chases her around the house trying to pick her up. I'll get Bailey for her, and place her on Kaitlyn's lap to hold. She pets her and gives her kisses, it's really sweet.

Yesterday, we had the opportunity to drive to Stillwater to visit my friend, and new mom, Rachel. She and her husband just welcomed their first baby on Thursday morning. They had a little boy, Kayden Lee, 7 pounds 7 ounces 19.5 inches long. He is just perfect! Here's Kaitlyn on the drive up.
Mike got to hold little Kayden first. He says he forgot how small a newborn is. In a few short weeks we will have our own newborn to hold! :) When Kaitlyn saw Mike holding the baby, she was very interested to hold him too. I told her she needed to sit on the couch. As soon as she sat down, her arms were laid out and ready for him. It was soooooooo precious! She's never held a real baby before. I think she was just amazed that the baby didn't stay still like her dolls.
She even gave him a sweet little kiss.
I didn't have my camera out when she did it

Here's a short clip of her holding Kayden, and right after I stopped recording she said "so beautiful." Kaitlyn is going to be a good big sister! She is ready for her baby brother.


You can't really see his CUTE face in the pictures I got, so here's a picture from Rachel's camera of her little bundle :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

She seems ready. :) I am just so happy for you and Mike. What a blessed family you are.