Ok.... for those who don't know, and are just now following... We are CRAZY about football in our house, particularly the Detroit Lions. In case you haven't heard... they are FIVE AND OH! Undefeated!!!! This is the same team that went 0-16 (didn't win any games) in the 2008 season.
Anyway... now that you are up-to-speed.... Monday Night Football that the LIONS happen to be playing is also Mommy's birthday! Most husbands would be bummed about this situation... "Man... I've got to miss the only Monday night game my team has had since 2001 because of my wife's birthday dinner... " Not this wife! I am just as excited to see the game as he was! Living in Oklahoma, you don't get a nationally televised Lions game very often. If we were closer, we would have been there!
Mike was so sweet to me too. He got me a birthday flower, baked my caked, and picked out a gift that I love. EVERY time he gets me flowers they last at least a week, and blossom! So pretty!
I did have one little bummer about my birthday... Jacob didn't feel well. I couldn't tell what was really wrong. He just acted really tired, and wanted to be held. After fighting sleep for 4 hours, Jacob zonked out at 7pm (missing the whole game), poor baby.
 |
| birthday snuggle. He looks so comfortable ;) |
 |
| fell asleep on Papaw, just before the game. |
(update: He slept through the night fine, and woke up at his normal time in the morning).
We had pizza and "front row" seats. I also dug out a Barry Sanders jersey for team spirit! :) At the half we sang happy birthday, ate cake and opened cards/presents.
 |
| Daddy baked and decorated my cake! Look out Cake Boss! |
After that, I hired a 3-year-old photographer to document the rest of the night. She actually did a great job taking pictures :) Here's a few pictures (that weren't too blurry, or of the ceiling)
 |
| Daddy say, "CHEESE!" |
 |
| yes! Kaitlyn took this picture! |
 |
| I LOVE that Kaitlyn got a picture of Daddy doing his "head tapping". That means there was a good play! |
 |
| Look at the score! |
This next picture makes me laugh. I actually have 6 or 7 more just like it! Kaitlyn was taking pictures of herself saying, "Cheeeeeeeeeeeese!" Every one of them, her eyes are shut. I guess the flash is a little bright when it's only 8 inches from your face.
All in all, it was a good birthday. My birthday wish came true, our team WON on Monday Night Football. Here's to many more birthdays, AND MNF games! :) 5-0!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment