As I mentioned in an earlier post, we went miniature golfing to play instead of work. What were we working on??? We actually added more storage to the attic and added more storage in our garage. When I say "we" it was really Papaw and Daddy doing all the hard work. I just put things away :) Here's to a job WELL DONE, boys! Get excited, here come pictures of my attic and garage!
 |
| first, we build a saw horse to cut all the plywood |
 |
| when you come up the ladder and look left this is what you see |
 |
| look right |
 |
| more storage behind all my boxes |
 |
| add an outlet (lower left) and light fixture (top) MUCH easier to see what I'm looking for! |
Hooray for more space to put our stuff! I don't know how the previous owners, a family of 6, didn't do this when they moved in... then again... they didn't have boxes full of baby stuff and clothes!
In the garage, we added a second shelving unit and put of peg board for the most used tools. LOVE the peg board. We also got tubs (on the top shelf) for all the seasonal things. We talked about making doors for the bottom two shelves. I want to keep our curious kids out of things that are dangerous to them (i.e. paint supplies, electrical saw, motor oil, etc.). Doors just sounded like a lot of work. I had a lonely crate on the bottom shelf with a few things in it and realized... kids can't get the stuff in there. So we got 5 more crates and bungee cords to hold the crates in. Works GREAT! And.... we still have lots of room on the selves for new stuff!
 |
| Garage storage for the OCD ;) |
A special thanks goes out to our friends that let us borrow their truck to pick up the wood. Thanks Hodges!
No comments:
Post a Comment