Doctor said that she is a very healthy baby, and was a little surprised with her 6 teeth. Every question he asked about her development were all things that she's been doing for a long time, like sitting by herself, crawling, picking up items, moving items between her hands, and holding her weight standing up. I told him that she's been cruising the furniture and using her shopping cart to walk. He seemed a little impressed :) Even though she's a little peanut, she's quite a pistol! Being small does not slow her down!
We were asked about having a flu shot, and I said no thank you. I was really glad that he asked me if I wanted it rather than just give it to her. The last thing I want is for Kaitlyn to be sick for 10 days like I was last year! I don't usually get the flu shot, but my doctor insisted I get one last year.
There were no shots at this visit, but at her year check up she will have quite a few. We did need to get Kaitlyn a prescription for her goopy eye. She has a blocked tear duct that didn't go away on its own by 6 months. It should clear up with this ointment. The doctor also gave us a sample of a diaper rash ointment. Kaitlyn had a bad diaper rash last week that is still a little bit there, and this will clear it up fast!
I also got the go ahead to give Kaitlyn all table foods (excluding milk, egg whites, berries, and nuts). She can have stuff that has milk or eggs in the ingredients and it is cooked (like pancakes or instant potatoes). She can have pretty much anything as long as it doesn't have added salts or sugars. I think that's pretty cool!! :) We may have to have pancakes for breakfast soon! :)
And of course... no blog is complete without a picture! This is what Kaitlyn was wearing today. It's a 9 month outfit! Just last week I noticed that some of her 6 month clothes were too short, so I started to set aside all the small stuff and yesterday brought out all 9 months clothes. :) She has only a few 6 month outfits that still fit good.
Look ma, there's another baby!
She just would not look at the camera!
No comments:
Post a Comment