Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Big girl bed

The days of Kaitlyn sleeping in her crib are numbered. I am hoping that by June she will be sleeping in her new big girl bed. If she does, then we can get the crib set up in the new baby's room in time for his arrival. I am not too worried about this transition (yet) because baby boy will be sleeping in a bassinet for a few weeks. If for some reason Kaitlyn is still in the crib when he out-grows the bassinet we do have a pack-n-play that can be used for a temporary crib for the little guy.
About a month ago, while my family was here with the truck, we got a twin bed for Kaitlyn. This week I actually set up the bed in her room so she can get used to the idea that the bed is hers. i think she really enjoys jumping on it more than anything. I ask her if she wants to sleep in it, and she says "no." I think what we will need to do for the transition to go smoother, is to turn her crib into a toddler bed (take the front rail off). In fact, there are some days she tries to climb into the crib for bed/naps. A big girl bed will be a lot easier on me as I get a bigger belly, but I don't want to push her.



here's the castle she was talking about...

we need to go back soon!

No comments: